Simple stuffed peppers
Tonight we began the task of using the fresh produce from Farmer Dave’s delivery yesterday. I decided that a quick and easy dinner would be to make stuffed green peppers. This accomplished using several of the ingredients, as well as some leftover rice we had from last night. In less than 15 minutes we had a healthy dinner. So, here it goes
Quick and easy stuffed peppers
- 2 green bell peppers, remove the top and clean out the seeds
- 2 small onions, chopped (these onions were tiny, so one small onion from the store would work)
- vegetable stock (about 2 tablespoons)
- about 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- ginger, chopped (I used a very small about, use as much or as little as you like)
- 1/2 cup of leftover jasmine rice with scallions
- 1 carrot, grated
- salt to season
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Saute the onions in a pan, and add the stock when the onions are almost done (about 4 minutes). Add the spinach, the stock will cause the spinach to wilt down. Add the carrot and continue to mix in. Add some more stock if you the mix gets dry. Add the garlic, ginger and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes, and add the rice. Allow the rice to warm up, about 3-5 minutes.
Stuff the peppers with the mix, and bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes (small peppers cook very quickly).