A blog by ordinary people about living an extraordinary life
The calendar just turned the page to March. I think that I speak for pretty much everyone when I say I am very grateful to see February leave us. After a month of polar vortices and numerous snowstorms, it is great to know that spring is on the way.
Here are 12 reasons why March will be more delicious (read Nick Offerman’s Paddle Your Own Canoe for more delicious musings) than February.
1. Spring ahead this weekend: Winter can be depressing when you wake up and it is dark, you get to the office and it is dark, and you go home and it is dark. This weekend we spring ahead, so when you get home, hopefully there will be some sun left. And that means drinks on the patio cannot be that far away.
2. March Madness: Come on, admit it, even if you know nothing about college basketball you will fill out at least one NCAA pool. The first full day of games is the least productive day in the office. I mean even Warren Buffett is offering One Billions Dollars (that’s Billion, with a B) if someone can pick a perfect bracket! So grab your brackets, hand your bracket to your dog, and let them select the teams for you. This year is wide open!
3. Baseball Spring Training: Pitchers and Catchers are the first to report, but now spring training is in full swing. The start of the baseball season is the first true sign of spring for me.
4. More outdoor runs: I got my February run log from Map My Run the other day. I was disappointed to see only 4 outdoor runs in February. I am certainly aiming for more outdoor runs this month.
5. Fantasy baseball drafts: I have started doing some writing for a new fantasy baseball site (www.fantasyassembly.com, check us out), so I am very excited for fantasy baseball season.
6. No more dog jackets: I am not sure who dislikes the dog jackets more, me or the dogs.
7. New recipes: Most shows have started their new seasons, so there should be plenty of new recipes to try out and personalize.
8. P90X3: Meghan got me the new P90X for Christmas and I have been waiting to start it. I am about 2 weeks in now, with a review coming in a week or so.
9. The Oscars are over, so now I can watch all those movies I missed: I don’t know about you, but I almost never make it to a movie in the theater, so I have to wait for movies to hit Netflix. And then I usually forget what movies I want to watch until a year or so later. But with all the competition this year at the Oscars I am looking forward to sitting down and watching most of the nominees. So many great movies, I am going to need more popcorn.
10. It’s Avocado Season: OK, so I understand avocados do not grow in NE, but maybe if they are in season I won’t get rocks shaped like avocados at the store each week. I could eat an avocado at every meal, I mean they literally can go with anything.
11. NFL Free Agency Opens: Free Agency starts in about 7 days. This has to mean that football season is almost here!!
12. Yuengling arrived in MA: I was able to sample a few down in Florida last month, and while they taste really good on a beach, I am looking forward to being able to drink a few on my couch!